Welcome to your Virtual Interview Day Experience
Preparing for your Interview Experience
Congratulations on your invitation to interview with the School of Medicine at Washington University in St. Louis! We look forward to meeting you and sharing more about our school and our innovative Gateway Curriculum. Your interview will take place virtually and will not require you to come to St. Louis. You will be on your way to a successful interview experience by completing the following steps:
- Choose your interview date at mdapply.wustl.edu. We ask that you plan to be available from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on your selected date. You will have two Zoom faculty interviews on the date you choose. You will receive an email approximately two (2) business days prior to your interview date, with your specific interview times and the names of your assigned interviewers.
- You will receive an email from Kira Talent containing instructions on how to complete our Standardized Video Interview. This asynchronous online assessment will take about 30 minutes and should be completed prior to your scheduled interview date.
- Register for a live virtual campus tour on the date of your interview. Tours are led by senior medical students using the HelloCampus web platform and are offered Monday-Friday at noon and Sunday-Thursday at 6 p.m. Tours are approximately one hour in length. Select your virtual campus tour date and time.
- Submit your Interview Day Photo.
- Watch the Gateway Curriculum overview.
- Check out your Virtual Interview Day packet.
- Plan to attend the following sessions via Zoom on the date of your interview, or on adjacent date the week of your interview or the following week, if your interview is scheduled for a Friday. You do not need to specifically register or sign up for most of these:
- Financing your Medical Education, Monday-Thursday at 4-4:30 p.m. [link will be communicated from the Office of Admissions]
- Conversation with Admissions Leadership, Monday-Thursday at 4:30-5 p.m. [link will be communicated from the Office of Admissions]
- Meet the Students, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7-8 p.m.[link will be communicated from the Office of Admissions]. If your interview is not on a Tuesday or Thursday, please attend this session on an adjacent date during the same week.
- We will be holding optional Why WashU Wednesday webinars from 5-6 p.m. CT, beginning October 19. You will be notified via email of the dates, topics, and how to register for these sessions. You are invited to attend as often as you like. Note that your first invitation for a session will correspond with the week you have been scheduled to interview.
- Relax! Check the FAQs or email email@example.com with any concerns.
We hope you have an excellent interview experience at WashU!
All times are in Central time