How to Apply for Financial Aid
Accepted and Wait-Listed applicants are invited to submit the information that is required in order to apply for financial aid. The information that follows below is an abbreviated version of instructions that can be found on the School of Medicine’s Office of Student Financial Planning web site.
Step 1: Go online to www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be sure to enter the code for Washington University School of Medicine: G24620.
- If you are applying for need-based aid, you must include parental information on the FAFSA; if you are applying only for federal loans or will be 30 years of age at matriculation, you do not need to include parental information.
- Use actual amounts, not estimates, when you enter your information.
- FAFSA will send us your information, which we must have to begin to calculate your financial aid need.
Step 2: Go online and complete the entries for you and your parents in the Financial Aid Forms Database.
Step 3: Make sure that your e-mail and mailing addresses in WUMSapply are up-to-date. After an applicant has been accepted, we shall send an e-mail that will direct you to NetPartner, a financial-aid student portal. Access to NetPartner will allow you to view additional documents that need to be submitted, including the Verification Worksheet with attached copies of the Federal 1040 and W-2s, and your financial aid award once available. In addition, we shall mail you a copy of your award letter.
- Jan 1: FAFSA application materials become available
- April 1: Application deadline to apply for need-based aid
- April 1: Office of Student Financial Planning begins sending out awarded financial aid packages for students who have completed their applications
Application Fee Waiver
If you receive an AMCAS fee waiver, your application service fee will automatically be waived.
For more information contact the Office of Student Financial Planning.
Washington University School of Medicine
Office of Student Financial Planning
Campus Box 8059
660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Phone: (314) 362-6845 or (888) 840-3239