Forest Park, located adjacent to the medical center, is a haven for students seeking cultural and outdoor activities. Many consider this massive green space to be the crown jewel of St. Louis. At 1,300 acres, it is one of the nation’s biggest city parks — 500 acres larger than New York’s Central Park. Nestled among its green hills are many of the city’s finest museums and the St. Louis Zoo, as well as a variety of athletic facilities, picnic areas and a system of scenic lagoons and waterways.
Outdoor Recreation Facilities
- Jogging, bicycling and in-line skating paths
- Lakes for boating and fishing
- Soccer, rugby and cricket fields
- Tennis, basketball and handball courts
- Two golf courses
- Outdoor ice rink
- Waterways navigable by paddleboat
- Missouri History Museum
- Muny Opera
- Saint Louis Art Museum
- Saint Louis Science Center
- Saint Louis Zoo
For more information, visit Forest Park Forever.