Customizing Your Education
Opportunities for customizing your education include options in the Gateway Curriculum’s EXPLORE component, early clinical preceptorships and abundant and diverse research experiences. Both clinical and scientific options abound. The sooner a student chooses a specialty, the more he or she can focus and customize optional components of the curriculum. For the undecided student who is still investigating career choices, the scope of areas to consider is virtually unlimited.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Combined Doctor of Medicine and Doctor of Philosophy (MD/PhD) — The Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP): Equip yourself for a career of scientific investigation combined with the practice of medicine. Apply to the MSTP when you submit your application to medical school or apply later to transfer into the program after you have spent time in medical school and feel comfortable with a commitment to a career that combines science and medicine.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Population Health Sciences
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation
- Master of Science in Applied Health Behavior Research
- Master of Science in Biostatistics
Abundant opportunities for research are available for students who are interested, either for the summer or via year-long experiences, most of which lead to a master’s degree. See the Student Research section for more information.